Friday 10 May 2013

Key Institutions

I looked at different magazine distributors to find who I would like distributing my magazine.

ICP Media (International Publishing Company)

ICP Media is the UK's leading magazine publisher. They own major music magazines such as NME and GUITAR. They sell an average of over 350 million magazine copies every year.

I don't think this institution would suit my magazine as they already own the largest indie magazine out right now. It would only b competition against themselves.

Bauer

Bauer is a German magazine distributor. They own magazine such as Q and Kerrang. They focus on men's magazines as there top magazines have a male focus.

This institution could be a good choice as they do not have a large indie magazine. However, it seems they focus mainly on male magazines and my magazine is targeted at both male and female. But this
is not a problem as I could adapt my magazine to be more male based fairly easily.

Independent

Ultimately I have decided to go for independent distribution as I felt this suited the genre. As the genre is independent it makes sense to also be independent. It may be harder to initial get you magazine to the public but once you find a way you should also be able to make a greater profit, which is ultimately the goal of a magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment